Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ready, Break!

Do you ever have those days that you feel so driven? I love days like that. I'm having one today.

I have been on a schedule all morning, and its working out nicely. I'm sitting in this really pretty coffee shop in the Ukrainian Village that my friend Lisa took me to. I have finished two papers, and a "virtual field trip" since I've been here, while drinking two cups of decaf coffee with added cinnamon. Such goodness. I love this feeling of accomplishment accompanied by a simple pleasure. (In this case, my decaf coffee)

I am now trying to figure out how to write my philosophy paper. I looked at the instructions, and my brain somewhat froze up. So I'm taking a break. That class just scares me. It find it very intimidating.

I need to work on Internship things. I have one week from today to turn in my top three choices to the missions department. yikes.

Last night, I went to Jewel-Osco and saved 11 dollars on my gluten free, soy free, dairy free groceries. They are getting more stuff, and more deals. My heart was so happy last night. I feel like its a game when I go into the grocery store. How much gluten free food can I find? Lets compare the cost! I always stand in awe for a moment when I find something "normal". People probably think "what is that girl's problem? why is she staring at the shelf like that?" For example, I found gluten free waffles. Waffles, the kind where you just pop them in the toaster and within 90 seconds or so they come out nice and crisp, ready to eat. Its like getting to feel normal again. Really, I am getting used to this. I like not being sick, and being able to eat good food. It also allows me to be creative..if some would call it that. Maybe just weird.

The past few days, I have been so grateful, for a lot of things. Looking for joy, and finding it. God has been so good to me, school bill, groceries, health, friends and getting to now go home for thanksgiving. I love my friends and family. I'm just going to say that again. I am richly blessed.


"His mercies are new every morning, Great is YOUR faithfulness." -Lam. 3:22

No comments:

Post a Comment