Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The end is near..oh wait..its here!

Home. Texas. 3 weeks.

This will be the longest time I have been home in a year. I love spending time here. Rest,catch up with family and friends, as well as still accomplishing the tasks of a new "to-do" list everyday. I still have to finish my independent studies class, work on internship, and i have a "mini-job" with my dad, which is great. There are little things here and there, but overall, I am going to enjoy this break.

Finals week was absolutely insane. It consisted of five finals, a room to pack up and move, and figuring out my flight less than twelve hours before it took off. Flying standby is great, because its free, but it can have its drawbacks. My flying experience was pretty fun this time though. I feel as if I have earned the title of "expert" when it comes to flying. Plane hopping and airport navigating are two skills I have achieved. After 5 hours of sleep, I arose and left at 6 AM last Thursday morning, with it being in the teens and still dark outside and drug my two suitcases to the brown line, and then switched to the orange line to take me to Midway. I arrived at the airport, got checked in, went through security and passed a few other Moodies on the way. After making it to my gate, I took out my apple and had breakfast and then fell asleep. I woke up to find a puddle of drool (slightly embarrassing but too tired to care)on my coat which I slept on, and to my surprise was in boarding group A!! That never happens to me, I am always C. Well, it truly is a small world after all, because it turns out Meredith was my flight attendant! Crazy right? so we got to talk to some and she told me that my connecting flight to Dallas would be missing a passenger. So thankfully, I was able to catch that flight, as the last person to board the plane. Good travels this time around.

My academics were horrible this semester, but I am just glad its over! Only 3 more semesters to go, and this one was rough. Next semester holds more promise for me. I am trying to savor Christmas and wrap my head around the fact that its going to be here in fours days. Unreal. Thanksgiving just happened did it not? I am listening to Christmas songs right now, and I wish they could be all year songs! I like the jazzy ones a lot. Bing Crosby has some great recordings. However, I love the Mormon tabernacle choir along with Percy Faith's orchestra. Beautiful. Side note: according to a Professor of mine, Joy to the world is a second coming song, not a Christmas song. I mean, he's right, if you listen to the words. Thanks Professor. However, I am still going to sing it at Christmas time, but it would be cool if we sang it all year. It is one of my favorites, and I have always loved the lyrics.

I am still praying for a second job. This morning after praying, I felt more peace about things. God has been so good to me and my family. I am excited to see what happens next.

Joy to the World , the Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare Him room,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven, and Heaven, and nature sing.

Joy to the World, the Savior reigns!
Let men their songs employ;
While fields and floods, rocks, hills and plains
Repeat the sounding joy,
Repeat the sounding joy,
Repeat, repeat, the sounding joy.

No more let sins and sorrows grow,
Nor thorns infest the ground;
He comes to make His blessings flow
Far as the curse is found,
Far as the curse is found,
Far as, far as, the curse is found.

He rules the world with truth and grace,
And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders, wonders, of His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment