Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Where am I?

So I am sitting here, drinking Orange Zinger tea after testing out my new "Hot Pot", "hot water heater" or as I call it "Chinek" that I bought with the Sears gift card I received last Christmas. I know, I'm a little behind.

I am watching the snow fall from my window, again. Two times within a week, and we're talking inches! Its a winter wonderland out there. about 20 years of living in Texas, and all those childhood years praying for a white Christmas, nothing. The past winters have been warm. Last year I remember when I flew up to Chicago, I left Texas at 6 AM at 65 degrees. I guess I brought the weather with me, at least that's what everyone here is telling me. My mom likes the snow, Dad hates it. Rather, he fears it. A lot of people here do, since no one ever believes its really going to snow. I wouldn't have believed it, but it happened. I did not expect to ever have a white Christmas in Texas. My first white Christmas, here in my home state. I love it. I think its beautiful.

I am about to attempt to take the dog on his daily walk, we'll see if he lasts. He's not a fan of the white stuff. I want to head up a coffee shop and just sit and do my independent studies class, but I know many others have the same idea, and plus, dad won't let me drive. I think I'll just continue working from my bed, and break with another episode of House that I've received for Christmas.

Well, a whole post dedicated to snow. Kinda boring. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment