Friday, June 10, 2011

The Copy Machine versus Harry Potter

Finally. Should be starting my paper..but Im still mad.
I held up a good fight with the library copy machine..a 40 minute one.

I grew weary..

Today has been productive though, in a good way. The past two weeks have been busy with no end in sight. I began the day with my final hermeneutics lecture, in starbucks, with my professor paying for my coffee. Shout out to Ernest Gray. Its been an awesome ride. I then walked downtown to get my background check and fingerprints sent off for my Visa. I did my grocery shopping, ate lunch, ran some more errands, and was feeling pretty good about myself until the copy machine episode.

I am now watching Harry Potter, and taking a mental break. Its the fourth movie, and Im at the part where fourteen year old Harry and Ron are trying to ask out girls to the ball. Hilarious.

I find myself comparing Moody to Hogwarts..probably not a good comparison. Can you imagine us using the word "rubbish" on our profs? Who would represent Harry and He-who-must-not-be-named? It is amusing really, in my head. Maybe its me and the downstairs copy machine...that seems very anti-climatic..and extraordinarily dull.

Logistics can be frightfully tiring. I feel like a true grownup. I booked my first rental car and hotel for next weekend's wedding extravaganza, and there is still much to be done in regards to the big move.

One month plus a half, is my time left in America. So weird. Yet so enthralling.

My plane ticket is now being paid for. That is the latest news I have on that. I am very grateful. Very grateful. I am thankful that God continues to lay out everything before me, and grant me the most undeserving of blessings.

Two weeks left of school. Psalms class, plus Faith's wedding intertwined with work and friends.

I need to find my planner..Im not in panic mode yet..

Oh dear, my movie is freezing..I must check to see what is the matter with it..

Actually, I should get started on my paper...

Harry Potter finale..one month

1 comment:

  1. I'm always comparing Harry Potter to Moody!! I'm pretty sure it started the first day when all the professors and faculty people were there for convocation in the long black Hogwarts robes!

    Ah, Allie. I'm glad we could connect on this odd and random little comparison.

    :)

    ReplyDelete